Sunday, August 5, 2012

Gratitude to God

It is amazing how I went through life without knowing how blessed I was even at the hardest times in my life. I was blessed to go on a missions trip this weekend to Eastern Kentucky with Jack.  I am always caught off guard of when my blessings come and for what God shows me about my past life.  We did a remodel for a couple that had two kids. Her husband has worked the same job for nine years. They are in that place where that they make to much money to get help (26,000 per year) but not enough money to stay afloat. They lived in this little house that you could tell she tried to keep it clean and tidy. But the kitchen counter and faucets was HORRIBLE.. The Formica finish was coming off and I don't think it would have held out much longer.  Anyway last night when we got back to camp, I got a message from her of how thankful she was and that all they needed was a boost in life.  The blessing came after I went to bed (bunk bed with a 2" mattress). Anyway I was laying there complaining in my head about the bed when I remember when Tiffany and Ej was about the same age of these kids and even though we struggled in our little house that lots of times needed repairs, it was a beautiful time in my life and for a moment, life stood still. I cried but it was for the gratefulness that I had for what God had always given me, even when I did not realize how much I was given.  Then today I got to share why I like to do mission trips and that I believe that God expects us to be good stew arts with our time, money and talents. Which brings me to another thing that I learned this weekend. God knew that if he made all things easy for me, that I would not give back. He gave me Jack who taught me lots of construction things. He gave me Tiffany to teach me how to be a friend and a listener and at the same time be a fair mom that loves unconditionally.  He gave me Ej to teach me that everything we have on this earth is a gift, that all things belong to God, our time, our finances and even our children.. So I  have been blessed and I am still blessed and I love lessons in life no matter how hard or how I don't understand..My gratitude to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment