Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Be expectant of God's gifts..

As some of you may have seen my face book post on Saturday.  The day that Jack caught a hummingbird. The amazing thing is that is the second hummingbird that we have caught. I caught the first one at the window in the garage right after Ej passed away. It was when I was really searching for answers from God about the death of our beautiful son. All my life I have adored hummingbirds and finches. To the point that Ej would kid me about the birds. But during this time God sent me a hummingbird to tell me a story. A story of how Ej was with him. Then fast forward six years later while in prayer on Saturday morning, I ask God to show me that Ej has been set free and he did. He sent another hummingbird in the same place. Jack caught it and said I will set you free. The bird was above the same window that I caught the first bird in. Jack handed it to me so I could hold it. It was so symbolic that God handed me Ej for a short while and then it was time to set him free. To let him fly. To walk with God, is the greatest gift. Our hearts miss Ej everyday but wow, I am so happy that we have a God that loves us so much that he died on the cross.  He did not stop there, he continues to give us what we need daily. I fall short of what God has for me, but he keeps giving me what I need.  My friend Donna Loy, said one time that I have dreams of Ej because I expect to have dreams of Ej.  I know that God always gives us a sign but we have to watch for them. We have to be intentional about being aware, about being thankful but most of all knowing that God is always with us. It is a thrill to me to catch a hummingbird and God knows that. So maybe what I want to say is be expectant today. Look for God and look for your gifts from God. That is the great thing gifts, God can give them all day long but if you don't open the package you will not ever see your gift...Love to all<3

No comments:

Post a Comment