Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I am just passing through!

What gives me peace is that I know that I am a visitor here. This is not my final home and for that I am so thankful. It took me a really long time to get this. I use to be so caught up in the next 10 years, the next 5 years and the next 5 days. But really that all changed when we lost Ej. Now I just usually say thanks God for getting me this far.
I have been ask several times "how did you and how do you go on when you lose a child".  Please understand that I don't say this lightly, I believe this with all that I am. I go on because of the Grace of God. Maybe that is why I try not to get so emotional about politics. But I also understand that a lot of people do not look at this temporary home like I do. And please don't take that wrong because if not for the lose of Ej, I don't think I would have understood the whole temporary home, journey thing.
I do believe we are required to pray for our leaders. I still believe that prayers can go alot further than votes. I have seen with my faith eyes what God can do. I really do not know the heart of anyone. That includes our politicians. But you know what is really awesome? God knows the heart of all of us. I am thankful for that even though I have to repent more than I would like to admit. But what is great, is that God is in control and he has given us the right to live in America, which for those that have been to third would countries know that it is a blessing to live here. (I feel like the music should be playing in the background, America the beautiful)  I would like for all of us to take our grumbling time and turn into prayer time. I don't think it would  matter who became our leaders, we would still need to pray for our country. Let us just remember who the king is!

2 comments:

  1. Vickie I love this post, it is such a good reminder of how God is in control of all things. We may not always understand why things happen the way they do, but we must trust that God knows what the plan is. I am so thankful that I trust in God and that he was always there even when I did not acknowledge him.

    ReplyDelete