Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Broken Vessels

My friend Joe and I was talking about being broken today and why some of us stay broken while some of us are mended over time. His answer was such good analoge about being broken. He said "it is like when you take two bottles and drop them to the floor at the same time. One bottle might be shattered while another bottle could become a weapon or enough left to be a vessel. I have been in that shattered state where I thought this is too big and I am unfixable. I did not think at one time that the broken me could be anything but laying on the floor in a thousand pieces. That I had nothing left that could be used for anything. Yes, I did talk to God when I was broken all of the time. Sometimes it was the mad talk, sometimes it was the I don't understand talk, sometimes it was the I can't even come up with adequete words to say to God and sometimes it was just begging for mercy. But now I see while I was talking to God, he was gathering up Vickie pieces. God knew more about me than I did about myself. I even believe now that there was pieces that I did not even need. The pieces that I pick up along during my life. God does not want to put new wine in old wine skins. So he gave me new wine skins and filled me up with new wine. I am so thankful that God does not feel the same way that I felt back then. I am so thankful that he did not say, I am sorry Vickie but you are too broken and you have nothing left to offer. Don't get me wrong, I still struggle, I still miss and love Ej. I believe that he left that hole in my heart to remind me of the gift he gave me. It is not a gift that can be taken away. But it is the gift that I look foward to seeing again someday. I do have my priorities...First stop in heaven at the feet of Jesus...Second stop in heaven I will be running to see Ej.  So if you have brokeness talk to Jesus..He is the potter you know!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Vickie, I love that you are writing this blog to share with others. You know as we travel through this short life on earth we are not meant to go it alone, with God by our side and friends and family we can pick up the pieces and move forward to the ultimate goal! IT will be such a joyous day when you do get to see EJ again....I can't even imagine what you have been through, but I am so blessed that I have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete